The Shrine Of The Heart

Friday, July 21, 2006

I need a lorry...

I'm typing this while taking a much-needed breather... For most of the day, my dad and I have been struggling to transport my stuff to my new living quarters. We've been taking turns to drive back and forth between Bukit Timah and Kovan because we can't fit much into my dad's car.

Fridge man came in the late afternoon. Unhelpful %^&* did not even offer to help us bring the fridge to the third floor, which I currently occupy.

My parents bought tons of self-assembly from IKEA. I'm not Bob The Builder, so getting everything up was a painful task. I wish I could say "but in the end, I managed"...unfortunately, I can't say that. Even as I type this, the whole place is strewn with dismembered metal limbs and random slabs of plywood. I am desperate to remedy this chaotic state of affairs and transform the mass of debris into functional furniture. It's going to take much more time and effort on my part.

There is no internet connection. The only way to use the net is to hijack wireless signals from other users in the vicinity. This act is somewhat unethical and I am striving to find a better alternative. Till then, the poor people living around me will just have to endure slower download speeds and the occasional lag...I will be going around trying to convince my new neighbours that using software designed to provide network security leads to obesity and balding...Oh, and changing your network settings MAY expose brain cells to dangerously high levels of radiation. I wonder if anyone will buy that...

My uncle left me a wardrobe. The mirrors are green at the edges and the lacquer is peeling off. According to him, the piece of furniture has been in the family since 1959. Is it a sacred relic? I have no idea. I just hope lions and witches don't fly out while I am reading Anson and Neumann.

I suppose I'm really lucky to have my own space 15 min drive away from school. At the same time, I am expected to be wholly responsible for the cleanliness of my living quarters. Living as a squatter on one of my uncle's properties implies that I have to conform to some rules and regulations. For instance, I am not allowed to bring girls into any of my rooms (does that mean the toilet is ok?). I am also not allowed to move around outside the confines of the third floor after 10pm. Otherwise, I could activate the motion sensors and send the whole world into a state of panic...The motion sensors are programmed to notify my uncle through his mobile upon activation. The last thing I want is an angry uncle flying down from his house in Clementi to bite off my ears.

Moving is really, really tiring...I'm so worn out that I don't even have the energy to stand. The whole place is still in a mess. Somehow, I think the condition of my floor ( I can't think of an appropriate word since it's neither a room nor a house) mirrors the the state my life is currently in.

But I guess it's time to clean everything up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home