The Shrine Of The Heart

Friday, August 11, 2006

I've been thinking about what I want to do in the future.

A year ago, I wrote a five-year plan. I'm pleased that some of the objectives have been met. For instance, I finally got my driving licence. I picked up salsa. I moved out. Some of my other dreams will take more time, but I'm willing to wait because I believe that nothing good comes easy.

I am struggling to overcome the massive reading list that has been plonked in front of me. It's hard not to be intimidated by the overwhelming workload. Guess what? Tutorials have not even started yet. Some of my peers are already mugging hard and spending up to eight hours a day reading case books and legal writing guides. I know that somebody in my OG has even crashed lectures before.

Well, good luck to these people. Hope they get into the Dean's List.

As for me, the two things that I am going to bring into the classroom are an open mind and a positive attitude. I've realised that reading Law is a privelege that I must not take for granted. I do not aspire to get into the Dean's List, but I hope that I will not disappoint myself. I will do my best and make the most out of this opportunity.

Just a couple of days ago, I was behaving childishly and wallowing in self-pity. I was an angry man whining about school work!

Well, I'm glad I've passed that stage. From now on, I hope to approach my work with more passion and enthusiasm. I want to be a more focussed and inquisitive learner. I want to be someone who is confident enough to form an opinion and take a principaled stand. I will choose good role models...Above all, I want to let my strengths come into the open. I realise that there are many bright aspects of my personality that have been hidden for too long.

At the same time, I hope to become more sensitive to the feelings of others. I want to make people laugh and be happy. I aspire to be somebody with the potential to make a positive difference to the people I love.

I am amazed by my sudden change in perspective. I went to bed one night feeling empty and depressed...yet when I woke up, I felt energetic and driven.

God has his reasons for leading me to this path. I have trust in his infinite wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home